Monday, January 19, 2015

Mundane Matterrs

THE INVITATION

PHONE CALL FRIDAY NIGHT: 

Leah: Hi, grandma. What are you doing tonight?

Me: Watching a movie, Grandpa went to a ballgame.

Leah: Do you want to ride to Manhattan with me?

Me:  I'd love to. What time? I need to change clothes.

Leah:  Actually, I'm taking Amy to the high school and we're on the dirt road now (*dirt road is the last mile to our house*). But, I'll drive real slow. 


**Now, Leah has always been our grand who HAS to be making some kind of movement or noise: clicking tongue, snapping fingers, bouncing, or singing. Just so you understand!!**

Leah: Does it bother you to have the radio on?

Me:  Not at all.

Leah:  Do you care what station?

Me:  No. You  listen to whatever you want. I'm just enjoying the ride.

**So we go to Dick's Sporting Goods so she can buy whistles that she needs for Saturday's club volleyball tournament.  Then we go to Freddy's to eat**

ON THE WAY HOME:

Leah:  **bouncing, singing and harmonizing with songs on the radio**  Are you sure it doesn't bother you?

Me:  No, sweetie. It doesn't bother me at all. 

Leah:  I'm so glad you came with me, grandma.  I wanted someone to talk to!!!

MUNDANE?  No, no, no, a thousand times no. 

Being invited to accompany a teenage grand for ANY reason

MATTERS !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment