Thursday, February 14, 2019

Be Still My Heart

Valentine's Day

We don't do Valentines.

Or birthdays

Or anniversary

Or Christmas

Not that we don't believe in love

We do

Gracious, we've been married 60 years 

It's more that we just don't spend a lot of money on one another. We never have. At least not on any one special day. 

But I don't doubt his love because it's shown in so many, many other ways.

But today! 

Valentine's day 2019!! 

It actually started on Monday, February 11.  I had a dental appointment and he drove me there! 

So what?

Well, we go to a dentist a good 1.5 hours from our wee cottage. It was cold and rainy. And he knows I fall asleep easily while driving.

 My appointment was going to take at least an hour--ugh! 

While I was in the dental chair--my Bob went shopping!!  

For me!

For Valentine's Day!

That, in itself, as an act of love.

He HATES to shop

for anything! 

But Look!  

Just look what he did!

All by himself! 



He knows I love bracelets

And Silver

And Copper

And Turquoise

Sixty years! 

And my heart still skips at the sight of him across the room!! 

Bracelets or no bracelets.

I love this man!!

But, Oh! 

My heart! 






No comments:

Post a Comment