Monday, August 14, 2017

THE BEAUTY OF CHANGE



Because of a bum knee, which will soon be replaced, this hill seems formidable as I trek my way to the mailbox. However, it is in the stop and go of my present gait that allows me to observe what I might otherwise miss on the journey. 


You see, when I climb the first hill, I still have a distance to shuffle. At the end of this part of the drive, is yet another small curve, then a road to cross before I get to my destination. (I didn't take a picture of that because it was still in my nightgown when I took these.)

Yet, if I didn't have to stop every few steps, I'd miss SO much.


Like these clusters of white berries that grow profusely on one side of the drive.


And the yellow ones tucked away in the foliage. 


The jewels that grow on trees.



And the reminder that change means letting go.

If it were not for the temporary pain and subsequent hitch in my get-along, I'd have missed the beauty of change. 

And while I love the seasonal changes, I'm so very thankful that I have a Lord and Savior Who never changes.
 Never. 
Never.
Ever changes. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I love that last paragraph...and so thankful that He never, ever changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a world that changes by the nanosecond, I'm so glad He's my Rock, my Fortress, my Shelter.

    ReplyDelete