Tuesday, January 22, 2019

ARE YOU HOLDING THE ROPE--OR A 'NOT' IN THE END OF IT?



Rayne straightened and widened his stance. “I don’t need to figure it out, Esther. I delivered Mrs. Manning as you requested, and came home to find out my little girl has been allowed to go barefoot and run around the yard unattended, picking flowers with the promise of giving them to her mama.”
“And that’s bad because?”
“You see how she walks, and you don’t think it’s bad to let her roam outdoors alone? She can’t run, Esther. She can’t protect herself. And no matter how many flowers she picks, she can’t show them to her mother.”
“Stop! Stop with the can'ts. Don’t you know by now that a can’t is a can with a big old not tied to the end of it? And you’re the one holding the rope that keeps that not tight.”

***
Question of the day:  
Whose rope are you holding today?
 Are you holding it in prayer...
or keeping a 'not' tied? 

P.S.--This is the cover and an excerpt from book #2 of my Another Spring trilogy that will release next week. 
Preorders for Kindle version or up now on Amazon. 


If my stories don't encourage you, then I've failed in my passion as a writer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment