Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Corners. Underneath. And Other Unusual Places.


I don't follow the norm when it comes to decorating. I'll never win a prize in the doing--but I truly want our wee cottage to be a welcome, "go ahead and look under and in the corners" type of place. 


It's so easy to display our 'best' selves at eye level. That's not all bad. We needn't hang all our dirty laundry on the line. But I want those who enter our tiny little home to want to sit and stay awhile because what they see surprises them--corners full of little vignettes that call for conversation; 



Arrangements underneath to remind people that not everything worth looking at is on top. To surprise them how fun it is to discover something 'below' one's normal line of vision.


An embroidered picture found at a flea market, hung at an odd level beside my funny little slip-covered wingback chair--my 'comfy' spot'--in hope that the guest will read what it says and feel 'comfy' and welcome.


And an invitation to make them feel at home!!

One rule:
What goes on in our wee cottage, stays in our wee cottage! 

Two words:
Welcome Friends





  


No comments:

Post a Comment