Monday, January 14, 2019

Don't Throw Away the Throw Away







For most of the summer, this fern sat on my deck.

Then, when they predicted frost, I brought it into the house.

But my wee cottage is...well...wee, and there was no good place to keep it so it would get light except under the lamp.

 And to thank me for bringing it in from the cold, it began to drop stickery little thingys that I couldn't detect while walking barefoot into the kitchen for my regular evening snack until they were embedded in my heel or between my toes.

SO

I sat it back out on the deck to allow it to die a slow death, thinking when I had time, I'd relegate it to the timber.

However, it taught me a great lesson. For you see, it accepted its lot gracefully and rather than to become ugly and bitter, it showed me that even in it's dying stage, it was beautiful.




Now the stickery thingys turned gold, and they sparkled through the frost, and remain golden even under the blanket of snow. 

I wonder what opportunities I've missed because I've dismissed something of beauty while I chose to focus on the 'stickers'. 

And what bothers me more--

How many times have I become that sharp object rather than choosing to 'die' graciously to self. 







No comments:

Post a Comment